About the Grant:
As neighbors dedicated to the growth, improvement and future of the Mt. Ida community, Phi Sigma Kappa at RPI is sponsoring a $50,000 grant program to improve the “quality of life” in the Mt. Ida neighborhood. Home-owners, landlords, business owners and not-for-profits, will be eligible to apply for a grant up to the amount of $1,000 for the purpose of:
- Home Improvement / Historic Restoration
- Neighborhood Beautification Projects
- Maintaining Community Parks and Green Spaces
- Non-profit programs which service residents of the neighborhood
Any of the following individuals, businesses, or organizations who live and/or work in or near the Mt. Ida Micro Grant target area are eligible to apply. Although not shown on the map, Mt Ida Cemetery is included in the target area. Those who are eligible include, but are not limited to:
- Home-owners (1, 2, or 3 unit owner occupied building)
- Business Owners (Merchants, restaurants, professional offices)
- Land-lords (non-owner occupied or owner occupied building with 4 or more units)
- Churches and Not-for-Profits
The maximum grant award to any individual, business, or organization is $1,000. Applicant funding requests will be as follows:
- Home-owners - up to $1,000
- Business Owners - 50% match up to $1,000
- Land-lords - 50% match up to $1,000
- Churches and Not-for-Profits - up to $1000
Project Examples and Previous Winners:
The money has to be used on projects or programs that improve the quality of life in the Mt Ida Neighborhood. Here are some projects/programs that qualify:
- Exterior Home Repair - Painting, Siding, Window Replacement, Roof Repair, Masonry repair, sidewalk improvements, etc.
- Interior Home Repair - Painting, Energy improvements, Insulation, code compliant repairs, plumbing, etc.
- Street scape/Green space improvements - Flowers, Planters, Garbage Cans, Public Murals, Improved Signage, etc.
- Social Programs - Food pantries, After school programs, Substance abuse programs, Neighborhood watch, etc.
How to Apply:
Begin your application today! Download all of the necessary resources below: